About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, February 12, 2010

Tangled Bank now available ... and launched


Chris Lynch's anthology of stories, poems, and essays, The Tangled Bank: Love, Wonder, and Evolution, has just been published and launched to coincide with Darwin's birthday, 12 February.

It contains my 5000-word essay "Science and the Sea of Faith", along with many other goodies that I'm looking forward to reading (with Sean Williams and other high-profile contributors). (Disclaimer: I haven't yet read any of it apart from my own contribution so I can't actually vouch for the individual pieces at this stage.)

The Tangled Bank will be available in various electronic and other formats, with more detailed advice available from the site. The ePub and POD editions are not yet available, but will roll out a bit later. For now, the version available on the site is a PDF format for only US$4.99. Hey, my own essay by itself should be worth that much ...

Since I actually want people to buy this book, I'm not likely to be making my own piece or others available so please don't ask me to do that. Hopefully I've made the project seem enticing enough for some of y'all to give it a try, or at least to have a look at the site for it. Happy reading.

No comments: