About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, April 18, 2008

New York Times review of Expelled

Don't take my word for it that Expelled is a meretricious propaganda piece - after all I haven't even seen it and have to draw inferences about it from what I read (and my own knowledge of its subject matter ... oh, and the trailer on YouTube; don't forget that). Here's a review of Expelled in the New York Times.

Good for their reviewer, Jeanette Catsoulis. She doesn't mince words: "Mixing physical apples and metaphysical oranges at every turn 'Expelled' is an unprincipled propaganda piece that insults believers and nonbelievers alike. In its fudging, eliding and refusal to define terms, the movie proves that the only expulsion here is of reason itself."

No comments: