About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

First semester upon us

The first semester of the academic year starts next week - my main commitment is to teach a few tutorials in the second-year undergraduate Ethics subject, which should be do-able.

I'm now itching to finish the Ph.D and to turn it into a book to submit to an appropriate publisher, but it's obviously not going to happen in the next few weeks. So, I currently have an application in for a six-month scholarship extension, which looks a lot more realistic right now. Whether I get the extension or not, I plan to submit in August/September, which means I'll soon be looking around and considering the next phase of my career. I have a lot more philosophy in me, and I'm hoping to find a research position - or even a teaching position with a fair emphasis on research - at an institution that's well placed to support my work (with colleagues whose work can create synergies and so on).

No comments: