About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scene of triumph


Ole Koksvik poses in the room where he and John Bigelow delivered their co-authored paper at the AAP conference. Come to think of it, this was the same room where I presented my paper. Both were well received, or so it struck me, though I had a pretty small audience. Papers on applied philosophy didn't seem to pull as well as those on such areas as metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of language - perhaps because this is a pretty hard core conference for analytic philosophers. I guess people working in political philosophy, philosophy of law, philosophical bioethics, etc., often have their own forums.

I wish I'd been thoughtful enough, or maybe just pushy enough, to take a few more pics. I expect there will be a lot on David Chalmers' website soon, as he seemed to be taking zillions of shots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Circuit breakers going bad how to change Removal of a lung + cancer thong roulette rule perfume aftershaves strawberrynet givenchy