About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Running round the countryside

I spent a few days in Canberra for Conflux, and now I'm driving up to Newcastle with Jenny in a two days' time. I seem to have a rare free week, which means I must make use of it to catch up with my folks, whom I haven't seen for months (and Jenny is in pretty much the same boat).

After that, I get back on 30 June, but need to turn around pretty quickly and zoom straight back up to Canberra on 2 July for another week (for various reasons I do want to touch base at home ... inefficient as all this seems). I'll be attending the AAP conference, where I'll be delivering a version of my "sinning against nature" paper. I'm tempted to fly for some of this, but I don't mind driving these relatively short distances, and I find it's so much handier to have my own car at the other end, crammed with all the odds and ends that I like to take with me.


Anonymous said...

Phew! I'm having a great time here, but feeling exhausted already. Lots to do via e-mail while also catching up with family and other loved ones - which is great of course, but I wish I could do it over a longer period rather than being compressed at both ends.

Driving back on Friday (12-hour drive), and then I expect Saturday to be chaos.

Russell Blackford

Russell Blackford said...

Hahaha, here I am back home. It was all too hard logging in the other day when I had to use a public computer. I couldn't even remember which of my zillion passwords that I have for various purposes was the right one. :)