About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Catching up with family



My sister Bev (Allen) and her husband Ross were in town last weekend for the Commonwealth Games, which gave me a chance to catch up. The Games themselves provided a small break from hard philosophising for a few days.

But I'm now back to the truth mines. I'm reading Digital People by Sidney Perkowitz, a breezy run through the state of artificial intelligence and robotics, and working through Will Kymlicka's massive Contemporary Political Philosophy: An Introduction - this being the considerably expanded second edition, dated 2002, which I haven't read before, though a lot of it is familiar from the original version.

No comments: