About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. Author of FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND THE SECULAR STATE (2012), HUMANITY ENHANCED (2014), and THE MYSTERY OF MORAL AUTHORITY (2016).

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New posts at Talking Philosophy

A couple of new posts at Talking Philosophy, where I plan to make a lot of posts about bioethical and related issues, particularly relating to human enhancement. First, an introductory post relating to the Julian Savulescu/Ruud ter Meulen/Guy Kahane edited collection, Enhancing Human Capacities; and second, a post touching on problems in defining enhancement in the relevant sense, looking at the opening essay in the book by its three editors.

I'm under contract with MIT Press to write a book - Humanity Enhanced - on the subject of human enhancement technology. This will be based on my (second!) doctoral dissertation, for which I received my philosophy PhD. All going well, I expect Humanity Enhanced to appear in late 2013 or maybe early 2014.

No comments: